Author Topic: TROUBLESHOOT/FAQ: Beat-Sonic SLA-81 on 2003-2009 GX 470  (Read 7132 times)

Eric@beatsonicusa.com

• The Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • How may I help you?
    • View Profile
    • Beat-Sonic USA Homepage
TROUBLESHOOT/FAQ: Beat-Sonic SLA-81 on 2003-2009 GX 470
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:24:30 AM »
Product Link: Beat-Sonic SLA-81

Compatibility: 2003-2009 Lexus GX 470 models without factory navigation and without Mark Levinson.

Brief Description: This kit allows a seamless plug and play integration of an aftermarket head unit to work with factory electronics including OEM climate control, OEM amplifier, etc. The SLA-81 kit also comes with a Toyota manufactured dash piece to provide perfect fit and OEM finish for you new aftermarket head unit.

Pictures:

Q: The sound is not coming out.
A1: Double check the installation and wire connections to make sure all the wires from the SLA-81 Adapter is connected. Also double check to make sure all the wires are secured.
A2: Double check the ground wire and make sure it is secured.
A3: Double check the blue amplifier remote wire to make sure it is secured and connected.

Q: My dash color is not black, do you offer other colors to match my OEM dash color?
A1: The face panel that comes with the SLA-81 kit is one manufactured from Toyota Japan. Although it ensures perfect oem fitment and finish, unfortunately the black color is the only color being manufactured at this point. To match the color to your interior, the face panel will need to be painted. However, the black finish can also complement your interior color even when it is not black. This is all up to personal preference.

Q: Does the Beat-Sonic SLA-81 kit retain the use of steering wheel controls?
A1: Beat-Sonic SLA-81 kit does not retain steering wheel controls. In order to retain your steering wheel controls, you may use a separate adapter offered from Axxis, part# ASWC

Q: I do not want to cut or modify the SLA-81 adapter harness. Which connectors do I need to keep the installation 100% plug and play?
A1: We highly encourage customers to not cut, tamper with or modify the SLA-81 adapter and harness. Most stereo shops will cut the ends of the bullet terminals that we already attached and use their own connectors. Remind your installer not to cut them to ensure your warranty is not voided. The correct connector you need is the BULLET TERMINALS, MALE and FEMALE. 16-14 Gauge Cal. You can easily purchase these at your local Autoparts store like Autozone.

Q: My speaker sound is distorted. How do I fix this?
A1: Confirm that only the front two speaker outputs were used and connected to the Beat-Sonic SLA-81 adapter. The Beat-Sonic SLA-81 kit for Lexus GX 470 only uses two front speaker outputs as the OEM amplifier only has 2 channels and those 2 channels are connected to the SLA-81 electronic integration module.  Make sure the aftermarket rear speaker outputs are disconnected and sealed from contact.
A2: If you are using any aftermarket amplifiers, ipod controllers, ext source, or any type of accessory DVD changers in addition to the OEM devices, then make sure there are no ground loop issues with the entire system. 
A3: As with any custom system in a car with so much on-board equipment, noise from various ground looping or DC electromagnetic hum can be difficult to isolate and only trick I can say for that is patience and diligence in separating audio signals from DC current lines and loops in ground connections.  Toyota cars are built pretty well in terms of design on these issues, but locations and contact/splice points of aftermarket systems can still cause issues with noise.

Q: I lost my front to rear speaker fader control. Can I get it back?
A1: Due to the OEM Lexus amplifier for the 2003-2009 Lexus GX 470 models having only 2 channel outputs, the front to rear fader will be lost when installing an aftermarket head unit. Unfortunately there is no solution to retaining the fader control.

Q: The front/rear speaker fader and left/right speaker balance is not balanced even at 0 settings? How do I fix it?
A1: Connect the factory OEM head unit back to the vehicle, set fader and balance settings to 0, then install you aftermarket headunit again.

Q: I have the model with no oem navigation and with Mark Levinson sound system. Will the SLA-81 be compatible?
A1: For 2003-2009 Lexus GX 470 without oem navigation and with Mark Levinson sound system, please purchase SLA-81/82AAD kit. This kit will come with a SLA-81 face panel and dash installation kit with a SLA-82AAD adapter. 

Eric@beatsonicusa.com

• The Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • How may I help you?
    • View Profile
    • Beat-Sonic USA Homepage
Re: TROUBLESHOOT/FAQ: Beat-Sonic SLA-81 on 2003-2009 GX 470
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »
saved for additional comments